Saturday, July 11, 2009

Berry Picking

2009 07 11_8382_edited-1

We went raspberry and marionberry picking today at Chad's Aunt's house and at Thompson Farms, respectively. The raspberries are on their way out (but still tasty, and free - thanks Boyles!) but the marionberries are huge, sweet (well, mostly, if you pick the right ones!), plentiful and cheap ($1/pound)! Gavin certainly preferred picking raspberries to picking marionberries - it's much easier and more fun to get tasty fruit if it's thorn-free, at your eye level and doesn't leave you puckering if you accidentally get a not-quite-ripe one.

Here are a few photos from the raspberry goodness (sorry, we didn't carry our camera out into the marionberry fields):

Picking
2009 07 11_8361 copy

Showing
2009 07 11_8362_edited-1

Chomping
2009 07 11_8363_edited-1

Still to come: We went to visit my parents at the beginning of May and had a great time. I have lots of photographs and things to write about. Also I'm sure you're dying to hear about Gavin's latest antics, so I'll try to get to that soon, too.

2 comments:

AmyRobynne said...

He is so cute -- I just adore his hair. You're braver than I am to bring an almost 2-year-old berry picking. Raspberries are less hassle than strawberries though, where they're so easily trampled. I've been escaping in the early morning so I can pick berries all by myself. Strawberries just finished this week here and raspberries and blueberries are starting up.

E said...

cute cute cute cute