Sunday, November 2, 2008

Teeth and Rock Band

We discovered today that Gavin has actually cut 2 teeth (lateral incisor and canine) on the left side very recently, rather than the one I thought previously. No wonder he's been irritated! I think both of those are starting to push through on the left side, too.

This afternoon we hung out with some of Chad's high school friends and played Rock Band. Gavin tried to help Chad play the drums but wasn't super great at sitting and letting Chad direct his hands for more than a couple seconds. He loved dancing, though, especially when we happened to play his current favorite song - Are You Gonna Be My Girl by Jet (I actually sang this one, since it was one of the very few that I knew). Yeah, I know it's probably not the best song to be his very favorite, but at least he doesn't understand the words yet. :) He loves the beat and my mother-in-law had it on her phone as a ring tone for a while, which is how he heard it in the first place. She would play it for him and lip-sync to it, and for a while every time he heard it he would move his mouth and furrow his brows during the singing parts (as long as he didn't notice people watching him!). Now he does the funny mouth gesture thing to ask to hear the song. I think someone got a funny video of him doing it at some point, but I don't currently have access to it.

1 comment:

COURTNEY said...

I remeber Amy sending me that video...so funny :)